- Membership is open to GPs, GP Speciality Trainees and retired GPs in the UK who are registered with the General Medical Council.
- All members agree to attend at least one GPCPC general meeting per annum.
- Membership is defined as having attended a GPCPC meeting, signed this constitution and registered details, including a declarations of interest on Google docs with the Membership Secretary. At this stage there is no annual membership fee. If this is introduced in the future it would be agreed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and will be payable by all members.
- A list of all members and their declarations of interests will be kept by the membership secretary.
- Members may resign at any time in writing to the secretary with immediate effect.
- If a membership fee is introduced, any member who has not paid their membership fee for one year will be contacted by the committee, who will then decide whether that member is deemed to have resigned.
- If a member does not attend any GPCPC meetings in the course of a year, they will be contacted by the committee, who will then decide whether that member is deemed to have resigned.
- Any member behaving in an offensive way or acting in breach of the Equality, diversity and inclusion statement in public or in their workplace may have their membership with GPCPC terminated. The individual concerned shall have the right to be heard by the committee, accompanied by a colleague, before a final decision is made.